[opencms-dev] Hang on database import after mod proxy setup

Seth Lenzi lenzi at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 29 22:35:43 CEST 2008

I originally had opencms linked to apache via mod jk but then decided to
switch to mod proxy because I wanted to get right of the double
/opencms/opencms in all my urls. After following the opencms v7.0.4
apache tomcat mod proxy documentation that comes with opencms it seemed
like I had successfully got it to work. There is no /opencms/opencms in
my urls anymore, I can log into the workplace, view files, etc. However,
when I try performing a database import of a site from another opencms
installation (v6 if that matters) it hangs.. Basically it hangs on the
import screen, it keeps refreshing but nothing happens. It starts by
importing all the groups but then hangs on on of the groups, refreshing
over and over.

I checked the opencms log and there is nothing. I checked the apache log
and I see the following being printed over and over for as long as
opencms keeps refreshing during import,

"GET
/system/workplace/admin/database/reports/import.jsp?style=new&action=reportupdate&thread=389c52c4-1626-11dd-bcb2-0d4e4896067f&threadhasnext=&reporttype=extended&resource=null
HTTP/1.1" 200 3814

I can see from the unix top command that Tomcat and MySQL are busy.

Any thoughts?

Seth