[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0.4 and other Application Servers Compatibility

mbernardinis at wardour.com.au mbernardinis at wardour.com.au
Wed Apr 30 06:50:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been attempting to install OpenCms 7.0.4 (as well as 7.0..1, 7.0.2
and 7.0.3) into a number of J2EE servers (other than Tomcat 6) without
success. I have tried the following application servers;

Glassfish 2ur1
Resin (Caucho) - 3.1.5

When upacking the WAR file an exception is thrown about the setup still be
enabled. I followed a few tips and tricks that I researched on the net
about setting the flag to false upon initial startup of the application
server and then setting it to true after the container has started.

This worked up until the point of deploying the modules into the OpenCms
installation (stage / step 7 from memory)... at that stage the initial
error was again thrown in the application server about the setup being
enabled and the application was subsequently shutdown.

I know that this kind of behaviour has plagued a few application servers
in the past due to some security restrictions and some unknowns... are
there any guides / docos that detail how OpenCms can be installed?

In addition, is any emphasis being placed on these issues to eliminate
them without having to hack the install routine? These are very critical
problems that waste a lot of resources with no productivity.

Thanks for your help.

Mark