[opencms-dev] Installation on WebSphere 6.0

Chirouze Olivier olivier.chirouze at volvo.com
Wed Apr 30 16:08:34 CEST 2008

Hi list!

Aash, thanks a lot for your answer from last week. I read your documents
and they helped... I'm finally running OpenCms 7.0.4 on WebSphere 6.0!

What I think was necessary is:

- Install compatibility package for 1.4 (copy libraries to extracted EAR
file)
- set properties:
	- java.awt.headless=true
	- client.encoding.override=UTF-8
- WebModule => set Classloader Mode: PARENT_LAST
- set Classloader Policy: Application
- restart AS with proper properties

- run setup

- for some reason, I had to redo:
- Install compatibility package for 1.4 (copy libraries to extracted EAR
file)

- I had to restart AS after setup is complete unless there were a lot of
errors...

I hope that will help!

Now... I still have a problem with uploading files (through the Applet)
I get the exception: NumberFormatException: UUID has to be represented
by the standard 36-char representation

Any idea?

Thanks

Olivier