[opencms-dev] Question about siblings

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Tue May 6 16:33:39 CEST 2008

Hello,

we just had a confusing experience with sibling and I have some questions to
be sure we really understand how they work... :-)

Imagine I have a file called /folder1/test.html which is *no* sibling
Now I create /folder1/test2.html as a sibling of the previous, which gives me
this:

/folder1/test.html <- real file
/folder1/test2.html <- sibling of the above

First, it's strange to see that both files, after I created the sibling, get
the icon in the workspace with the little arrow, which makes both look like
one "link" (test2.html) to it (much like symlinks known from linux)

Then, imagine I copy /folder1 to /folder2, telling that resources should be
copied, and siblings should be created as siblings.

In my understanding, /folder2/test.html should then be a real file, and not a
edit /folder1/test.html as well... which is not what I want....

is this an expected behaviour?

I use OpenCms 7.0.4 with java 1.5.0.14 and tomcat 5.5.20 on debian etch.

regards,
Yves