[opencms-dev] Switching to static export on demand.

Andy Savin A.D.Savin at bath.ac.uk
Mon May 12 17:02:09 CEST 2008

Hi all,

We have been using Static Export After Publish until now but after
speaking to various people at the conference I thought I might try out
static export on demand.

I have switched the export handler to on demand in
opencms-importexport.xml and included a rfs rule for everything under the
/sites folder.

I have apache 2 looking at the export directory defined by that rule
(/www/vhosts/bath-dev/opencms/)

My plan is to point apache's 404 error page at OpenCms handle404 so that
when a resource is removed from the export folder (i.e. when published)
and apache can't find it gets served from the cms.

My question is this, when you publish changes to a template it doesn't
seem to do anything with the exported resources.  Therefore apache
continues to serve the old version.

Am I missing something or is there a better way of doing this?

I'm using version 7.0.4

Regards

Andy

--