[opencms-dev] Switching to static export on demand.

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Tue May 13 15:14:29 CEST 2008

Hi Andy!

 > My question is this, when you publish changes to a template it doesn't
 > seem to do anything with the exported resources.  Therefore apache
 > continues to serve the old version.
then something is wrong with you configuration...

first, the rewrite rule should look like these:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/export/.*$
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" !-f
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html" !-f
RewriteRule .*
${webapp}/${servlet}/handle404?exporturi=%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUERY_STRING} [P]

where you have to set ${webapp} and ${servlet} to the right value, most
likely there is no webapp if OpenCms is installed as ROOT, and
${servlet} is opencms.

then it is important that the rfs-prefix and vfs-prefix values in your
opencms-importexport.xml are right, most likely your problem lies here.

the best to check this and to get a better idea how all this works just
quickly debug the A_CmsStaticExportHandler#scrubResource method, there
you will see where OpenCms tries to find the files, so you easily make
the configuration values to work.

HTH

Kind regards,
Michael