[opencms-dev] Problem with Installation of 7.0.4 using mod_proxy

Lori Boes lori at skysailtech.com
Mon May 12 23:44:38 CEST 2008

I believe the permissions are correct. Everyone has read permissions on the
directories & files. I couldn't find any Apache directory directives denying
access to that directory. My configurations are below. Maybe someone can see
something that I can't.

This is my opencms-importexport.xml:

<rendersettings>
	<rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>
	<vfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}</vfs-prefix>
<exporturl>http://127.0.0.1:8081${CONTEXT_NAME}/handle404</exporturl>
</rendersettings>

opencms-system.xml:
    <sites>
      <workplace-server>http://xyz.myserver.com</workplace-server>
      <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
      <site server="http://xyz.myserver.com" uri="/sites/default/"/>
    </sites>

Here's my virtual hosts definition in the file
/etc/apache2/sites-available/xyz.myserver.com:
<VirtualHost *>
    <Directory "/usr/local/tomat/webapps/ROOT/">
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
    </Directory>

    ServerName xyz.myserver.com

    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/"
    ErrorLog logs/error.log

    # Log only non-redirect requests in "normal" log file
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "\/opencms\/*" redirect
    CustomLog logs/localhost-access.log common env=!redirect

    ProxyPass         /opencms/                 !
    RedirectPermanent /opencms/                 http://xyz.myserver.com/

    ProxyPass         /resources/               !
    ProxyPass         /export/                  !

    ProxyPass         /                      http://localhost:8081/opencms/
    ProxyPassReverse  /                      http://localhost:8081/opencms/
</VirtualHost>