[opencms-dev] Permissions issue

Noz, Felix F.Noz at comundus.com
Thu May 15 14:15:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

did you explicitly set the denied flag for a group? If so OpenCms infact denies the right for any user that belongs to this group. So instead setting the denied flag for the second group you can leave this flag unset and explicitly set the Allowed flag for the first group. When you also set the Overwrite inherited option the first group should have the permission on the resource where the second one shouldn't.
To set the permissions programatically have a look at

org.opencms.file.CmsObject#chacc()

and

org.opencms.security.CmsAccessControlEntry

Greetings
Felix

Felix Noz
IT-Berater
Dipl. Informatiker (FH)

comundus GmbH
Schüttelgrabenring 3, 71332 Waiblingen

Telefon +49 (0) 71 51-5 00 28-22
Internet www.comundus.com

Geschäftsführer: Klaus Hillemeier
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 264290

comundus ist ein Unternehmen der IT EXCELLENCE Group.