[opencms-dev] CRE: is this a bug?

Marc Schlegel my.mailing.lists at gmx.de
Tue May 20 20:25:11 CEST 2008

Hello Everyone

I was having a look at the Howto from Arash
http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=119#258
and the way he explains it makes sense, but unfortunately
mandatory/strong and optional/weak relations work exactly the other way
around

So, in my case I had something like this
<xsd:element name="Picture" type="OpenCmsVfsFile" />

<relation element="Picture" type="strong" invalidate="node" />
Then I get an error telling me that the element is not optional. I
tested it with
<xsd:element name="Picture" type="OpenCmsVfsFile" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />
as well and I got the same error. After rereading the Howto I just gave
it a try and changed the element to
<xsd:element name="Picture" type="OpenCmsVfsFile" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />
and then it worked.

Since Arash description also made more sense to me, I would like to know
if this is a bug or am I misunderstanding something here?

regards
-- Marc