[opencms-dev] User Role for Newsletter Module

Konstantin Ott kott at abc-digital.com
Thu May 29 12:20:57 CEST 2008

Hi,
well this is right and works well. The problem was, that it is not
possible to create a Newsletter Unit in a subunit from the root Unit. A
newsletter Unit always has root Unit as direct parent Unit, even if you
create it in a subunit. Also it isnt possible to create a user with
Account Manager role in the newsletter Unit. So it wasn't possible to
have a Account Manager in the parent Unit of the newsletter unit that
wasnt the root Unit.
But we found a way out:

1. Create a subunit with a new Account Manager
2. Create a newsletter unit
3. Move the newsletter unit in the VFS path /system/orgunits into the
directory of the subunit created in 1)
Now the newsletter unit is a subunit of the subunit.

Mit besten Grüssen / with best regards

Konstantin Ott
abc Neue Medien | Systementwickler

Albert Bauer KG

Conventstr. 1-3

22089 Hamburg | Germany

Phone: +49 40 25109-224

Fax: +49 40 25109-121

mailto:kott at abc-digital.com

http://www.abc-digital.com

Albert Bauer KG (GmbH & Co.)
P.H.G. Reproduktionsgesellschaft Conventhaus mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 11120
Geschäftsführer: Harald Dau, Carsten Dau, Rolf Gehrke, Marcus Müller