[opencms-dev] Contextmenu not working on Ubunutu (client)

TechnoSophos technosophos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 05:43:17 CEST 2008

When you *left click* the browser's context menu comes up? The one you
usually get when you *right* click? Guess I'll wait a little longer
before I upgrade my workstation from 7.10.

You can "fall back" to Firefox 2 by running 'aptitude install
firefox-2'. That will remove FF3, IIRC, since the two packages have
conflicts. I supposed Ubuntu will eventually roll out the release
candidate when it makes it through the Ubuntu testing phase. Since
8.04 is an LTS release, they'd be fools to try to maintain beta 5.

I suppose you might be able to install Galeon (which uses the Mozilla
rendering engine) or Konqueror (which uses the same engine as Apple
Safari) and use one of those. Neither of them conflict with Firefox 3.

The Ubuntu forums may have better advice on getting a newer FF3. I'm
sure someone's got a package built somewhere.

Matt