[opencms-dev] Contextmenu not working on Ubunutu (client)

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Jun 6 17:46:47 CEST 2008

Go to Preferences (in Firefox), select Content-tab, click Advanced...
(next to Enable JavaScript), check "Disable or replace context menus".
Then Fx will not show its own context menu if the Javascript handles the
event.

/Claus

Marc Schlegel wrote:
> Thanks a lot.
>
> I have to *left_click* on the *icon* to get the proper context menu. A
> *right_click* on the *link/name* brings *both menus*, OC- and
> FF-context. Regarding FF3, I am continuing with version 3 and hope they
> will at least ship the final version quicker than the RCs (maybe they
> are just skipping the RC).
>

> regards
> -- Marc
>
> TechnoSophos schrieb:
>> When you *left click* the browser's context menu comes up? The one you
>> usually get when you *right* click? Guess I'll wait a little longer
>> before I upgrade my workstation from 7.10.
>>
>> You can "fall back" to Firefox 2 by running 'aptitude install
>> firefox-2'. That will remove FF3, IIRC, since the two packages have
>> conflicts. I supposed Ubuntu will eventually roll out the release
>> candidate when it makes it through the Ubuntu testing phase. Since
>> 8.04 is an LTS release, they'd be fools to try to maintain beta 5.
>>
>> I suppose you might be able to install Galeon (which uses the Mozilla
>> rendering engine) or Konqueror (which uses the same engine as Apple
>> Safari) and use one of those. Neither of them conflict with Firefox 3.
>>
>> The Ubuntu forums may have better advice on getting a newer FF3. I'm
>> sure someone's got a package built somewhere.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Marc Schlegel <my.mailing.lists at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a big problem. Since my Xp machine crashed again I installed
>>> Ubuntu 8.04 as development environment (dual boot) and now I cannot use
>>> the contextmenu any more. When I do a left-click, then both menus pop
>>> up, meaning the OC menu and the browser menu and this way I cannot use OC.
>>>
>>> Ubuntu 8.04 ships with FF 3 Beta5 (but I am windering why it is not
>>> updating to the new RC which it did on XP).
>>>
>>> Does someone know how I can fix this problem?

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com
cpr (you know what) interlet.dk - http://www.interlet.dk