[opencms-dev] Some problems with Ubuntu

Florian Hopf hopf at synyx.de
Mon Jun 9 09:03:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

Marc Schlegel schrieb:
> I am having some troubles with Ubuntu 8.04 and OpencCMS.
>
> When I want to upload a file using the Applet I get the message that the
> certificate is not accepted (but I am not asked  before).
> So I turned off the applet but when using the classic dialog I get the
> message "Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment"?
> Furthermore when I am trying to use WebDAV to copy a image to the
> imagegallery I get "HTTP method PUT is not supported by this URL" but I
> used WebDAV before to copy files with 50MB to a downloadgallery.

Are you running the server on the same machine as firefox? If you
haven't installed an xserver on the server machine, did you start tomcat
  in headless mode?

Which version of java are you using? Sounds to me like it's one of the
free versions (IcedTea or OpenJDK) that have no sun specific classes
included. But I have no idea why these classes would be needed in the
first place .,..

Regards
Florian