[opencms-dev] Some problems with Ubuntu

Florian Hopf hopf at synyx.de
Tue Jun 10 09:23:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

Marc Schlegel schrieb:
> It took me some time but I found the solution about this headless.
> The problem arose only when I started tomcat with my jsvc-daemon-script
> (with startup.sh it worked). I just added -Djava.awt.headless=true to
> the CATALINE_OPTS in my script.
>
> Thanks for pointing me to the right direction, but still I have no clue
> what this is about...I just fixed it ;)

Glad to help. I think this is caused by the tomcat user not having
access to the x server. Unfortunately I forgot how to fix this but this
also happens when running graphical programs as root. Depending on your
distribution you can also use kdesu or the gnome equivalent to change
users that have access to the xserver.

Regards
Florian