[opencms-dev] setting content type in an e-mail (CmsHtmlMail)

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 26 16:21:08 CEST 2008

Imagine the following situation:

You have a fill in form (contact form in a web page) and don't know
beforehand, in which coding the person sitting in front of his or her browser
would enter the information. It could be a czech name or a hungarian,
a chinese, a german, any kind of nation.

How could one assure to receive the content of the form in a
decipherable coding?

When the page issued to the client already contains a encoding meta tag
(which it should), would that enforce the coding being entered to match
that encoding? I believe not.

How could I at least set the content-type of an CmsHtmlMail when I
take some assumptions, e.g. the person entering in ISO8859-1 that I
receive german umlauts correctly.

At the moment I'm receiving question marks in all places where an
eightbit character is entered.