[opencms-dev] Direct edit on JSP

Uwe König u.koenig at ifu.com
Wed Jul 9 11:23:19 CEST 2008

Hi Olivier,

> A side question could be: is there a way to massively "import" simple
> html pages into OpenCms templates so that a full site could become
> editable?

Have a look at the Administration -> Database management -> Extended HTML Import
We used that (in version 5.0.1) to import our legacy site. Take care of cropping headers and footers whcih should be processed in OpeCMS by your template.

> Actually I am meeting the same needs. We plan to use OpenCms for two
> different needs: pure Web Content Management with powerfull OpenCms
> template features, and basic content _publishing_.
> For that second situation, we would like users to be able to upload
> their pure html pages but still, that would be great to have the
> possibility to modify these pages online. Today if they upload html
> pages, these will have to be edited by sourcecode, which sounds strange
> to me.

I'd like to back up Florian and strongly recommend the separation of JSPs and HTML-content as far as possible. That means: include the HTML in your JSP or your JSP-Template via <cms:include> or the like.
Best regards,

Uwe König

--
Uwe König <u.koenig at ifu.com>

--
ifu Hamburg - material flows and software

ifu Institut fuer Umweltinformatik Hamburg GmbH
Grosse Bergstrasse 219, 22767 Hamburg, Germany
Managing Director: Jan Hedemann, Commercial Register: Hamburg, HRB 52629
www.ifu.com - www.umberto.de - www.sabento.com - www.e-sankey.com