[opencms-dev] Cannot create a new resource (M$SQL Server 2005)

Jonne Zutt jonne.zutt.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:42:42 CEST 2008

In the meantime, I downloaded the source code and tried to figure this
out myself.
I found an interesting error in my log file:
ERROR [explorer.CmsExplorerTypeAccess: 235] Error reading groups of user Admin
org.opencms.db.CmsDbSqlException: Error reading all roles for user
"Admin" over resource "/".

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: 'CONCAT' is not a recognized
built-in function name.

That should be the '+' symbol for M$SQL Server 2005.

in query.properties:
C_READ_RESOURCE_OUS contains CONCAT function
which is used from src/org/opencms/db/generic/CmsVfsDriver.java

This seems to be the problem?
But I cannot find the query.properties file in my binary installation anywhere.

So, how can I fix this? (preferably in my binary installation)
Maybe I can add a CONCAT function to the database, I'll try to search
whether such a thing is possible.

Thanks,
Jonne.

---

Hi all,

Today I've installed OpenCMS and am curious to try out all of its features.
Unfortunately, I've got stuck just after installing and configuring it.
I downloaded the most recent version and let the installer create a
M$SQL Server 2005 database.
It all seems to work well, but my problem is that, if I select the 'New
resource'
icon, my book says it should display a list of resource types, such as
File / Folder / etc.
In my case I only see a message something like "No entries found".

Is this a known problem and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Jonne.