[opencms-dev] Intermittent CmsDbSqlExceptions

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 03:57:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

Open CMS sometimes throws the following error message:

org.opencms.db.CmsDbSqlException: An SQL error occurred when executing
the following query: com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement at eb98506:
statement has been closed, no further internal information available.

Can anyone tell us how to stop this happening or even how to locate
the source of the problem please? Details as follows.

Obviously, the user sees this error. The error only occurs sometimes,
usually after a period when no one has hit the servers for at least
several hours. Usually, we find the error occurs first thing in the
morning after a period of inactivity overnight.

The error is difficult to duplicate because the problem never occurs
when you reload the page after seeing the error.

The problem is not confined to a particular JSP, but is always the
first JSP requested after a period of inactivity.

Incidentally, we are observing this problem on three servers running
the same application but slightly different platforms. One server is
running: Linux, Tomcat 5.5, MySQL 5.0, Java 1.6 and OpenCMS 7.0.4. The
other servers are running: Windows Server 2003, Tomcat 6.0, MySQL 5.0,
Java 1.6 and OpenCMS 7.0.5.

Thank you.

Regards

Brett