[opencms-dev] Best Practices for Setting up 'staging' environment for Content?

Art Shectman art at elephantventures.com
Sun Aug 24 17:43:25 CEST 2008

Hi,
I'm a newbie to OpenCMS, and am trying to vet a design we are working on
where content will need to be 'staged' prior to being made publicly
available.  Basically we are trying to allow for the end client to be able
to preview what content will look like at a future date, or 'post-release'
when the current batch of to be approved content is released into our
production environment.

The solution we are converging toward seems to be to maintain two instances
of the CMS, one in staging where preview is driven from that we change the
server date on to allow for 'future views', and then a complex
synchronization script that syncs the current content snapshot of all the
currently 'approved' content with the Production CMS while removing all
'unapproved' content.  These concepts are separate from the
Published/Unpublished concepts in OpenCMS.

Has anyone set up something similar?  If so or even if not, any Project
Architects out there that would want to do 2-3 days of consulting to help us
vet our design?
Thanks in advance!
Art

Art Shectman