[opencms-dev] Can set export settings only after first publishing of folder/file

Mathias Lin mathias.conradt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:29:01 CEST 2008

I am wondering, when I create a new file or folder, or upload a file to the
workplace, I cannot set the export settings (true/false) right away, but
only after I have initially published the file or folder once.

If I want to set the export settings after creation, I get the message
The resource cannot be exported, because the export user has no read
permission.

But even when I manually grant the Export user explicit read permission
(still before publishing), I am still getting the same message. What's the
reason for that? Is it on purpose because some reference is missing until a
folder/file is initially published first time? Or is it a bug?

Thanks, Mathias