[opencms-dev] 7.0.5 FileUploadApplet Error

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:28:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

We are currently unable to use FileUploadApplet to upload files to the
virtual file system. Can anyone offer advice on how we might fix this
issue please? Details as follows.

Since we upgraded from 7.0.4 to 7.0.5, we cannot upload files using
the FileUploadApplet. This is *not* a proxy or port access issue. The
issue occurs when I connect directly to the server using a browser
*on* the server. There is no error message appearing in the page or
logs, however still OpenCMS fails upload the file.

The problem seems to be related to a servlet filter we use called
mobilityFilter in an application called "Mobile Interaction Server".
The servlet filter parses JSP files and if I remove reference to
mobilityFilter from web.xml *then*, the upload will work.

I ran Java console while attempting the upload and captured the
following error message:
--------------------
9/09/2008 10:41:46 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
isRedirectNeeded
INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
An error has occurred on the server:
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did
not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory.createSocket(ReflectionSocketFactory.java:154)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:124)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:706)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:386)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:324)
	at org.opencms.applet.upload.FileUploadApplet.uploadZipFile(FileUploadApplet.java:1144)
	at org.opencms.applet.upload.FileUploadApplet.run(FileUploadApplet.java:948)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory.createSocket(ReflectionSocketFactory.java:139)
	... 9 more
--------------------

This servlet filter did not cause an issue with 7.0.4 which is strange
because the 3 files (listed below) that I think are related to the
upload do not seem to have changed between 7.0.4 and 7.0.5.
/resources/components/upload_applet/upload.jar
/system/workplace/commons/newresource_upload.jsp
/system/workplace/views/explorer/explorer_files.jsp

Incidentally, we can still import zip files using HTTP.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you.

Brett