[opencms-dev] Permissions model

Roberto Fernández rgfernan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:28:56 CEST 2008

I am trying to find a way to easily add permission to folders. If I have
many groups, each one with permission over the folder of the group, I want
to be able to create users with more than one group, and that they have
access to the corresponding folders.

For example, I have teachers of many departments; every department has a
folder, and a group, and that group has permissions over the corresponding
folder, and denied permission to other department folders.

If I have a teacher that work in both departments "Arts" and "Technology",
if I create his user, and add both groups, hi will not have access to any of
the folders.

This happens because the most restrictive rule is applied, so as the user
belongs to "Arts" group, the permission to technology folder will be denied
for him, and as hi belongs to "Technology" group, the permission to arts
folder will be denied as well.

So, my question is, ¿is there any way to perform what I need? Id est, been
able to easily "add" permissions to an user, preferably assigning him
groups.