[opencms-dev] Permissions model

HuyTran at c-mg.net HuyTran at c-mg.net
Fri Sep 26 07:05:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I faced the same problems before. I had to create the combined group such as
Arts_Technology and add the user to that group. This is easier for me as the
number of combinations  is not very large. The reason is CMS treat the
permissions in exclusive way, I mean if a user is both granted and denied to
access a folder, he will not be able to access that folder.

I’m not sure if your users will acess the workplace or in the sites. If it
is in the site, you can create some JSP code and put it to the templates of
the pages to check the permissions of user to that page. The approach may be
like this.

1. Get the resouce path of the page

2. Get the folder the resouce is in

3. Find the group correspond the folder

4. Check if user is in the group. If Not, redirect to error page.

So you only need to add user to the group and get rid of the permission
setting stuff in the folders. I think this is not very difficult to do. You
may need to look at CmsObject class.

Regards,

Huy

  _____