[opencms-dev] Virtual file system and external database

Shivi S sdshini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:09:08 CEST 2008

Hi Arash,

Thank you for the reply.

My requirement is as below.

We need to manage contents of our website using a Webdav client like
Dreamweaver. The website contents are stored as static files in the
webserver as well as dynamic contents in the database. For example, the css,
images, .swf files are stored in the webserver and the html contents are
stored in oracle database.

I need to build a virtual file system that lists both the static and the
database contents as directory / file structure to let the users manage the
content using Dreamweaver with Webdav.

I wonder if I can use OpenCMS components for my requirement. How does
OpenCMS work with virtual file system.

I am very new to VFS, Webdav and content management. I would be very
thankful if you can give me some advices.

Regards,
Shivi