[opencms-dev] General property handling / Calendar module 1.0.0

Axel Muehring muehring at muehring.de
Thu Oct 16 22:58:46 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,
currently I am trying to setup the calendar module, but I am failing at
least at the property setup
OpenCMS 7.0.5 is being used.
I am running a demosite, which is mainly based on the templatetwo stuff.
I am also still using the main.jsp where I tried to integrate my
calendar, as mentioned in the documentation.
I did:
- create empty folder in /sites/default/mysite/calendarMain
- added the calendar overview there, named "Config" (no extension)
- added another folder for the calendar data
- added an html page, which shall show my calendar
- added the property "calendar.uri" to the html file and put
/sites/default/.../Config as the value in
- added the property "calendar" to the html file and put no value in it
(see below)
- modified the main.jsp template:
(I just want to show the calendar on my page, if the calendar property
is set.)

<!-- end: center column -->

[code]
        <c:set var="calendar.uri"><cms:property name="calendar.uri"
file="search"/></c:set>
        <c:if test="${!empty calendar.uri}">
<!-- max: Calendar inside  A -->
                </c:if>

<!-- max: Calendar START -->
        <c:set var="calendar"><cms:property name="calendar"
file="search"/></c:set>
        <c:if test="${!empty calendar}">
<!-- max: Calendar inside -->
        <cms:include
file="/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.calendar/elements/calendar-sidecurrententries.jsp">
        <cms:param name="count" value="5"/>
        </cms:include>
                <cms:include
file="/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.calendar/elements/calendar-side-month.jsp">
                </cms:include>
                </c:if>
<!-- max :Calendar END  -->
[\code]

Of course, this does not work, because "calendar" is an empty property.
But I do not see the line "<!-- max: Calendar inside  A --> "  in the
generated html code? ( I can see the other START and END comments)
If I also add the property "calendar", I receive an error 500 page,
maybe the system cannot resolve calendar.uri, because is required by the
calendar?
I doublechecked the typing of the property. Is there a problem with the
'.' in the name of the property?
Is there a way to output all defined properties with their names on the
generated page?
Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Axel Muehring