[opencms-dev] Question about localization files

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Oct 22 06:29:26 CEST 2008

Sergey -

Privyet!

1.  In the Administration view, there's a 're-initialise Workplace'
function.  I've not tried, but that might re-read properties files.

2.  The properties files don't have to be files as such; they can be
full-scale Java classes.  If you implement a class called 'frontend' which
extends java.util.ResourceBundle, the Java resource bundle mechanism can be
coerced into finding that class before the static properties file (or
perhaps you can replace it after OpenCms installation).  You can then have
property values derived from Java code under your control.  That code could
derive properties however you like - e.g. from VFS contents - and could
implement a reload feature, maybe triggered from the Workplace.  However,
you may find that OpenCms insists on caching properties it derives in this
way... in which case 1 might still come to your rescue.  I imagine there is
some way of programmatically triggering the behaviour in 1.

Jon