[opencms-dev] Question about localization files

Mark Lange mark at marlan.info
Tue Oct 21 22:51:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

if the properties file is loaded with the
org.opencms.i18n.CmsResourceBundleLoader,
it should be reloaded when you clear the cache in the administration view.
>From the class comment:
 * The main reason for implementing this is that the Java default resource
bundle loading mechanism
 * provided by {@link java.util.ResourceBundle#getBundle(java.lang.String,
java.util.Locale)} uses a
 * cache that can NOT be flushed by any standard means.
 * This means for every simple change in a resource
 * bundle, the Java VM (and the webapp container that runs OpenCms) must be
restarted.
 * This non-standard resource bundle loader avoids this by providing a
flushable cache.<p>

cu Mark