[opencms-dev] Edit Page Content

Thu Oct 23 13:37:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

For FireFox:
1.) Try flushing your browsers cache (hit "Clear private data" in the
"Tools" menu). Then Press "<ctrl>-r" to do a forced reload of the
current page.
2.) Make the browser always check for new page versions: type
"about:config" in the address bar. Then change the entry
"browser.cache.check_doc_frequency" to "1" - see
"http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.check_doc_frequency" for more info.

For InternetExplorer:
1.) Flush the browsers cache by Clicking Tools->Internet Options->Delete
Files... Then check "Delete all offline content" and click OK.
2.) Make the browser always check for new page versions: Tools->Internet
Options->Settings. Select "Every visit to the page" and click OK.

This should do the trick.

To be an the safe side you can furthermore delete the server cache and
the static export files
1.) Identify the "work" directory of tomcat and delete its content -
that's the directory where tomcat puts the ".java" and ".class" files
generated from the ".jsp" ones.
2.) Remove the contents of
"$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB_INF/classes/jsp/*".

These steps will ke Tomcat/opencms regenrate all the ".jsp" files upon
the next request. A seperate server-restart is _not_ necessary.

br,
Philip