[opencms-dev] OpenCMS on virtual host system, e.g. strato dedicated server

Tue Nov 25 02:30:33 CET 2008

Hi Gregor,

For multi host config based on domain names you'll have to:
1.) Have full access to the apache config and start/stop scripts -->
This usually implies being able to log in as "root"
2.) Have Tomcat installed and full access to the tomcat config,
3.) Have the possibility to rebuild apache - you'll (maybe - depends how
you wanna do it) need mod_rewrite and mod_jk.

Answer based on general "knowledge":
---------------------------------------
  It is not possible to do so with any "virtual server" product and it
is further not possible without shell access to the server.

Anser based on info from hosters homepage:
---------------------------------------
  It is possible if you own a "HighQ-Server" product, but I'm pretty
sure you'll have to do it on a console.

1.) Do read the infos at the opencms WiKi:
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/Main_Page
2.) Do read the multi domain howtos:
http://www.opencms-forum.de/opencms-forum/viewthread?thread=2517
3.) Do read all the "get rid of opencms/opencms in the URL" howtos:
http://www.opencms-forum.de/opencms-forum/viewthread?thread=713

br,
philip