[opencms-dev] OpenCMS on virtual host system, e.g. strato dedicated server

Gregor Ebersberg gregor.ebersberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:46:41 CET 2008

Hi List, Hi Manfred, Hi Philip:

Thank you very much for your answers. I'm sorry for not providing enough
background information. You did help me, anyway.

I have root privileges (as I always do :) and I prefer CLI-assess on my server
and I'm not intending to use sa24 more than is convenient. Obviously, sa24 is
not suited to configure Tomcat or openCMS.

I now have running Tomcat6 under JAVA 1.6.0_07-b06 on openSuse 2.6.25.18-0.2
with openCMS 7.0.5. For a start, I use a local test system without virtual
hosts.

Thank you Philip, I will next work my way through the "get rid of
opencms/opencms in the URL" howtos -- and probably do happy rewriting and
proxing vodoo magic. Then I will set up virtual hosts and work through
the "multi domain howtos." I hope I will survive so that I can post some more
specific questions later.

Again thanks,
Gregor