[opencms-dev] Questions concerning the included photoalbum in the current opencms-version (7.x)

Fidel Viegas fidel.viegas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:46:13 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Manfred Schenk
<manfred.schenk at zerobyte.de> wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I have some questions concerning the photoalbum which comes with opencms
> version 7.x (I think it was already available in some 6.x version):
>
> a) I'd like to use the photoalbum without using templateone or
> templatetwo. From what I found out by looking on the source-code this
> should be able by setting some properties, especially the
> template-property. I've tried to verify my suspicions but it seems to me
> that the properties are ignored since the album is still rendered by the
>  templateone css. Is there some howto avilable - or a least some further
> hints?
>
> b) My second question is about user rights in the photoalbum. My idea is
> to have some photos that are only visible to certain (logged in) users.
>  But the others should still be able to see the "world-readable" ones
> without the requirement to log in. Is this possible with the included
> photoalbum or should I forget this idea?

Hi Manfred,

I was also experimenting with the photoalbum and I was able to adapt
my own template. What you have to do is the following:

open up the file opencms/WEB-INF/config/opencms-modules.xml and get
rid of the following piece of xml:

                        <property>
                            <name>template-elements</name>
                            <value
type="shared"><![CDATA[/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.photoalbum/pages/album.html]]></value>
                        </property>

Remove it completely, save the document and restart tomcat.

Now, you will have to edit the folder that is going to host your
photoalbums. Click on the folder to edit it's properties and in the
property template-elements add your template name. Save it, and from
there on every photoalbum you will create inside that folder will
inherit your template. If you have previously created some photalbums
in that folder, then edit their properties and get rid of whatever
value template-elements has.

If you still find some problems, then post your questions here so that
I can assist you further.

Good luck and wish you Happy New Year! In fact, I wish everyone a
Happy New Year.

Fidel.