[opencms-dev] HowTo StaticExport for noobs

Sandrine Prousteau s.prousteau at eurelis.com
Fri Jan 16 14:19:53 CET 2009

I found it, it was very easy and I wonder why there is nowhere a short tutorial...

To static export a site, open 'opencms-importexport.xml' config file, and change or add what is in bold:

<staticexport enabled="true">

                        <staticexporthandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler</staticexporthandler>

                        <linksubstitutionhandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsDefaultLinkSubstitutionHandler</linksubstitutionhandler>

                        <exportpath>export</exportpath>

                        <exportworkpath>temp</exportworkpath>

                        <exportbackups>2</exportbackups>

                        <defaultpropertyvalue>false</defaultpropertyvalue>

                        <defaultsuffixes>

                                   <suffix key=".jpg"/>

                                   <suffix key=".gif"/>

                                   <suffix key=".png"/>

                                   <suffix key=".doc"/>

                                   <suffix key=".xls"/>

                                   <suffix key=".ppt"/>

                                   <suffix key=".pdf"/>

                                   <suffix key=".txt"/>

                                   <suffix key=".css"/>

                                   <suffix key=".zip"/>

                                   <suffix key=".swf"/>

                        </defaultsuffixes>

                        <rendersettings>

                                   <rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>

                                   <vfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}${SERVLET_NAME}</vfs-prefix>

                                   <userelativelinks>false</userelativelinks>

                                   <exporturl>http://www.test2.spr${CONTEXT_NAME}/handle404</exporturl>

                                   <plainoptimization>true</plainoptimization>

                                   <testresource uri="/system/shared/page.dtd"/>

                                   <resourcestorender>

                                               <regex>/sites/.*</regex>

                                               <regex>/system/workplace/commons/style/.*</regex>

                                               <regex>/system/galleries/.*</regex>

                                               <regex>/system/modules/.*/resources/.*</regex>

                                   </resourcestorender>

                                   <rfs-rules>

                                                 <rfs-rule>

                                                            <name>MyTest</name>

                                                            <description>This is the rfs-rule for my test</description>

                                                           <source>/sites/default/.*</source>   <-- the site to export

                                                           <rfs-prefix></rfs-prefix>

                                                           <exportpath>myexport</exportpath>  <-- the folder where to export the site, under /opencms

                                                           <userelativelinks>true</userelativelinks>

                                                           <related-system-res>

                                                                       <regex>/system/modules/my.module/.*</regex>  <-- the other resources used by the site

                                                           </related-system-res>

                                                </rfs-rule>

                                    </rfs-rules>

                        </rendersettings>

            </staticexport>

Restart OpenCms, and go to Administration > Database management > Start Static Export.

Then go in the RFS to /opencms/myexport, and the static site is here.

BUT now my OpenCms workplace has it's menu (line with buttons projet, publish, site, view....)  without stylesheet.... ???? why?