[opencms-dev] Problems through Byte-Order Mark

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon Jan 26 22:35:16 CET 2009

On Wednesday 24 December 2008, Yves Glodt wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Philip Kuegler wrote:
> > Hi,
> > There are several possibilities:
> > 1.) Create a new empty file and copy/paste the jsp to there. Then
> > remove the old file and rename the new one
> > or
> > 2.) Edit the file with a text editor (I suggest UltraEdit) and use
> > it to remove the BOM
> > or
> > 3.) Use your preferred IDE, open the file, change the char encoding
> > and then save it
> > or
> > 4.) "vi" the file and remove the BOM manually ;-)
> > or
> > 5.) copy/paste to notepad and back. So you should get rid of it.
>
> Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I will try and keep you informed.

Ok, late reply... To keep it short: I could not get rid of the BOM. The
problem could be that I use kate (http://www.kate-editor.org/) to access
the jsp files through webdavs:// which works fine, but it seems that once
somehow that BOM appeared, I cannot get rid of it anymore.

Even opening the jsps directly in the workplace-editor, copy/pasting
into a blank editor window, saving, reopening the file and re-copy/paste
it back to the workplace-editor did not remove the BOM

Any other ideas... ?

Best regards,
Yves