[opencms-dev] Problems through Byte-Order Mark

Tue Jan 27 10:16:41 CET 2009

Yves Glodt wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 December 2008, Yves Glodt wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Philip Kuegler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > There are several possibilities:
> > > 1.) Create a new empty file and copy/paste the jsp to there. Then
> > > remove the old file and rename the new one
Die you try the copy/paste and _rename_? I assume that the copy/paste
does not include the BOM header. If you paste the text back to the
previous file most you will (possibly) just replace the text after the
BOM. You should really transfer the text to a new file. Unfortunately my
linux box is currently running without Xserver so I can't check the Kate
settings - Is there a way to change the encoding (e.g. to ISO 8859-1) ?

br,
Philip

> [other ways to get rid of BOM]
Ok, late reply... To keep it short: I could not get rid of the BOM. The
problem could be that I use kate (http://www.kate-editor.org/) to access
the jsp files through webdavs:// which works fine, but it seems that
once somehow that BOM appeared, I cannot get rid of it anymore.