[opencms-dev] Audio File Upload??

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Feb 1 10:55:34 CET 2009

I think that it's better to keep large resources outside of opencms.
Otherwise you will blow up your database massively, especially if you
plan to have many files.

The best way that I know is to keep media files outside of opencms and
then create link objects in opencms to point to these external
resources. The problem with this is that users need to upload the files
elsewhere and then have to maintain the links manually which is
cumbersome and error-prone. Yet sadly, this is the only way I know
without developing custom extensions for opencms.

Regards
Christian