[opencms-dev] Static Export for DownloadGallery

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Feb 11 08:33:28 CET 2009

Dear Mark

For some resource type, static export is on by default. For example,
html stuff should be configured to be exported by default. This can be
fixed by either changing your opencms-import-export.xml and setting the
default export setting for your resources differently or by setting the
"export" property to "false" on the folders that contain your pages,
images and whatever else gets exported without you wanting to.

On the other hand, for the same reason, you need to enable exporting the
kind of resources that you want to export. There, it's probably most
convenient to set the "export" property of  your download gallery
folder(s) to "true".

In addition to this you need to check the resource sets that you are
using and the static export handler that you configured. Resource sets
are regular expressions in opencms-import-export.xml that say when any
resource matching this expression is touched then all resources maching
another expression should be exported.

The things that I mentioned so far need to be set correctly so that the
workplace function will export your resources.

Finally, there is (I think) a static export handler that exports only
independent resources when one of those resources has actually been
changed in opencms. If you only want to export downloadable files and
not want to export generated content, then that export handler should be
the one for you, but I can't remember the name of the class for it.
After configuring this correctly, the export will kick in automatically
when you publish new downloadable resources.

hth
Christian