[opencms-dev] OpenCms Deployment errors on WebLogic 10.3 Server

Vahe Momjian m_vahe at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 16:36:05 CET 2009

Hello Everyone.

I was trying to deploy OpenCms 7.0.5 to WebLogic 10.3 Server.

I have followed these steps

http://www.opencms-wiki.org/App_server_related_topics#WebLogic_8.1
http://www.nabble.com/RE:-Deploy-to-weblogic8.1-sp2-problem-p1917529.html

When I put the OpenCmsHome into web.xml and set it "c:\bea\user_projects\domains\OCmsDomain\servers\OpenCmsAdmin\opencms\"

I got the server started got the following error, but at the same time I got http://localhost:7001/opencms/setup setup for opencms.
But on 7-th step "Module Import Selection" I got the error saying "Unable to read the configuration file c:\bea\user_projects\domains\OCmsDomain\servers\OpenCmsAdmin\opencms\config\opencms.properties".

Next, I put the OpenCmsHome inweb.xml to "c:\bea\user_projects\domains\OCmsDomain\servers\OpenCmsAdmin\opencms\WEB-INF"

and now getting following error

"failed to preload on startup in Web application: "opencms".
javax.servlet.ServletException: Critical error during OpenCms initialization: The OpenCms setup wizard is still enabled.
"
If I'm setting "wizard.enabled=false" in opencms.properties I am able to start the OpenCms without any error but I have no Modules installed and can't even login to Admin.

So when I set the OpenCmsHome correct I did not get the the setup. When I put it wrong I get the setup (till step 7), but no OpenCms. And when I set  OpenCmsHome correct, wizard.enabled=false" I 'm getting no error, but no Admin,nothing....

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you,
Best regards
Vahe