[opencms-dev] OpenCms internal access clogging DB

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Mar 6 08:54:22 CET 2009

Pere Torrodellas ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Our hosting site claims that there is an OpenCms DB select that is clogging the Oracle server because it is executing cotinuously:
>
> SELECT
> CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.STRUCTURE_ID,
> CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID,
> CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH,
> CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.STRUCTURE_STATE,
> CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.USER_CREATED,
> CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.USER_LASTMODIFIED,
> CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.SIBLING_COUNT,
> CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.PROJECT_LASTMODIFIED
>
> FROM MS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE,CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES
>
> WHERE CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH=:1 AND
> CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID=CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_ID
> ORDER BY CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.STRUCTURE_STATE ASC
>
> It seems to be something related to administration resouces listings because it retrieves info like date last modified or user created, except that nobody is accessing the ONLINE project in the administration, much less with such frequency (they claim hundreds of times).
>
> Can anyone suggest what function is issuing that statement, and a reason for it being invoked in what seems a loop?

To me this looks very much as if the file system headers for files in
the file system are read.
You write that noboy uses the online project - but you _visitors_ access
the online project and when this happens, then of course the files in
the online project will be accessed. Also, if you use static export,
then of course this will also request resources from the online project.

If your database is hit too hard, then you should look into the both the
flex cache for caching repetitive elements and into static export for
caching non-dynamic pages.

Best Regards
Christian