[opencms-dev] Newbie question

moonli jun.moonli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 03:47:15 CET 2009

I am a newbie to cms, and I need some help on this issue.

I got to build a blog system, where blog article content is stored in
OpenCMS, and the pages(JSPs) for the blog website is run as a standalone web
application (not in OpenCMS), let's call this web app as BlogWeb.

I have following questions:

1. How to retrieve an article from OpenCMS in BlogWeb? I mean how to
interact with OpenCMS during retrieval.
2. How does BlogWeb store an article into OpenCMS? I mean how to interact
with OpenCMS during writing.
3. Will the article in OpenCMS be identified by an URL? If so, how is the
URL generated when BlogWeb writes the article into OpenCMS?

It is good to introduce me some resources that can help me understand
architecture of OpenCMS and how external web app can interact with OpenCMS.

Thanks!