[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0.5 crashes with high load

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Mar 26 19:44:03 CET 2009

Fabulous response from Christian Steinert and Shi Yusen.

Sidestepping the issue, have you considered a different deployment
architecture?  I've just finished working for a very large UK
organisation whose OpenCms site was served by Apache from a
periodically updated crawler cache, with the aid of wget and rsync! As
you can imagine, up-time and response time were excellent.

That's only one extreme, with some obvious disadvantages - urls
handling truly variable user input had to have holes punched through
the static layer, and they never did solve the problem of ensuring
that the crawled content was a consistent snapshot.

Then of course there are content delivery networks, if you're looking
at throwing some money at the problem.

Jon