[opencms-dev] Open CMS with URL Rewrite

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:30:06 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to use OpenCMS for a site I am working on, ideally the the
CMS's url space would have the free run of the domain name i.e.
example.org/index.html & example.org/system/login/. I am hosting it
with JBoss Web which is a servlet container based on Tomcat but which
uses native code to efficiently serve static content. Because of this
I don't really want to front the server with Apache, so many of the
URL rewriting techniques mentioned in the forum and wiki won't work.

Currently I have it set up as the root web app so at the moment its
serving from example.org/opencms/. I have been trying to use the
URLRewrite filter to serve it from the root url like I outlined above.

Is there any easier way to do it than using URLRewrite? If not does
anyone have any sample urlwrite.xml rules to achieve this as I am
having trouble making my rules work.

Thanks

Charlie M