[opencms-dev] XML Content Editor Not Saving Special Characters Correctly

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 04:19:38 CEST 2009

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply. I tried a few things but sadly, I still cannot
fix my problem with the XML Content editor adding garbage to special
characters. Details as follows.

I presume you were referring to the "content-encoding" property of the
JSPs within the virtual file system. So, I tried setting the
"content-encoding" property of the following JSPs (and folder) to
"UTF-8":

system/workplace/editors/editor.jsp
system/workplace/editors/editor_main.jsp
system/workplace/editors/xmlcontent/editor.jsp
system/workplace/editors/xmlcontent/editor_form.jsp
system/workplace/editors

But sadly, this change did not fix my problem. The XML Content Editor
is still appending garbage characters in front of any special
characters in my text. Whereas, "Edit Control Code" will still save
special characters correctly. Incidentally, my content JSPs will
render special characters correctly. The problem is getting the
special characters in, not getting them out.

Am I changing the correct property? Are there other files I should change?

Thanks.

Regards Brett S