[opencms-dev] XML Content Editor Not Saving Special Characters Correctly

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 15:37:06 CEST 2009

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:40:44 +1000
From: Brett Sheeran <brett.sheeran at gmail.com>
Subject: XML Content Editor Not Saving Special Characters Correctly
<snip/>
> I have an ongoing problem with the XML Content Editor not saving special
> characters. I have narrowed this problem down to a servlet filter.
<snip/>

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:25:04 +0200
From: Christian Steinert <christian_steinert at web.de>
Subject: Re: [opencms-dev] XML Content Editor Not Saving Special
Characters Correctly
<snip/>
>> Dear Brett
>> can't you just restrict the filter to only some URLs?
>> For any request that contains /system/workplace/ you shoule be fine with disabling the filter.
>> Since you indicated that the website is working fine yet the editor has trouble, this should get you around the problem
>> REgards
>> Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, while it is possible to restrict the
filter to only some URLs, I'm afraid it is not very practical. There
are 37 directories under /sites/default/ and I could add a
filter-mapping for each directory. However, we would need edit web.xml
and then restart Tomcat every time we added or removed a directory,
which is every 2 to 3 weeks.

I am racking my brain trying to find some way of excluding /system/*.
Maybe a servlet that would cause our application to bypass /system/*,
if I could figure out how to do that!
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks again.

Regards Brett Sheeran