[opencms-dev] XML Content Editor Not Saving Special Characters Correctly

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Apr 23 08:25:04 CEST 2009

> I have used this 3rd party servlet filter in applications outside
> OpenCMS and the filter did not cause the same problem when saving
> special characters.
> However, I cannot make the 3rd party servlet filter and OpenCMS work
> together to handle special characters. Furthermore, the 3rd party
> servlet filter is an integral component in our application, so
> removing it is not a solution.
> Any suggestions? Thank you.

Dear Brett

can't you just restrict the filter to only some URLs?
For any request that contains /system/workplace/ you shoule be fine with disabling the filter.
Since you indicated that the website is working fine yet the editor has trouble, this should get you around the problem

REgards
Christian
Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms