[opencms-dev] About send password for user forgot

a.westermann at alkacon.com a.westermann at alkacon.com
Wed Apr 29 09:11:18 CEST 2009

Hi Deiverson,

you won't be lucky with sending a forgotten password to users in
OpenCms. Passwords are stored encrypted and cannot be decrypted. On the
other hand this isn't too bad for security. No one who hijacked your
email account could get access to OpenCms or the website run by OpenCms.
You could implement a reset password function by using a module action
class for your module that stores an Admin CmsObject in a singleton and
then do the operations to create a new password with that CmsObject.

Kind Regards,
Achim.

Achim Westermann

Visit OpenCms Days 2009 Conference and Expo
June 15 to June 16 2009 in Cologne, Germany
http://www.opencms-days.org