[opencms-dev] In same document, show content from different vfs-locations

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Wed Apr 29 10:23:12 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have the following situation, consider the following document

/sites/mysite.com/en/contact.html

This document is accessible by the "Guest user", without OpenCms-login

Now I have a situation where a certain (non-opencms) user is logged in by
single-sign-on, and I would like that when the user requests the mentioned
document, OpenCms would, instead of the content of contact.html, show the
content from /sites/mysite.com/priv/${userid}/en/contact.html

All this of course without that the URL changes or any redirect happens.

Note that /sites/mysite.com/priv/ is not accesible for guest users, I have a
special OpenCms-user which I log in from my template which can retrieve
content from this location.

I think I would somehow have to intercept <cms:template element="content"> ?
And make it retrieve the content from another document from the vfs

How would you do this?

Best regards,
Yves