[opencms-dev] Deployment of 3rd party packages in OpenCms

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun May 10 14:16:37 CEST 2009

Yves Glodt ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have a case where I would like to deploy a selfmade jar-archive in
> OpenCms, and I am aware that I can put it in the lib-folder of the
> template.
>
> But my jar contains a servlet and a tag-library. Is there a way to
> register them in OpenCms, without editing web.xml (for the servlet) or
> putting the .tld file in the real-filesystem? I would like to keep the
> jar and all it's dependencies in the vfs, if possible... :)

If you need to have your own servlet then I am afraid that you need to
edit the web.xml in some way.

But the deployment of your jars is still possible with a module - as
soon as a module is published, its jar files will be exported to the
opencms lib folder in the RFS automatically

Best Regards
Christian