[opencms-dev] Deployment of 3rd party packages in OpenCms

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon May 11 09:19:23 CEST 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009, Christian Steinert wrote:
> Yves Glodt ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a case where I would like to deploy a selfmade jar-archive in
> > OpenCms, and I am aware that I can put it in the lib-folder of the
> > template.
> >
> > But my jar contains a servlet and a tag-library. Is there a way to
> > register them in OpenCms, without editing web.xml (for the servlet) or
> > putting the .tld file in the real-filesystem? I would like to keep the
> > jar and all it's dependencies in the vfs, if possible... :)
>
> If you need to have your own servlet then I am afraid that you need to
> edit the web.xml in some way.

ok. The servlet-definition should actually never change, so it's not a big
issue if I have to define it once manually.

> But the deployment of your jars is still possible with a module - as
> soon as a module is published, its jar files will be exported to the
> opencms lib folder in the RFS automatically

Ok, this is good news!

But what about the taglib-definition-file? This file might change more
frequently...

Usually the .tld file should go to /WEB-INF/. I could of course put it in a
web-accessible path (which would be in the vfs then), but I would prefer to
avoid that :-)

Best regards,
Yves