[opencms-dev] Upload of any Image fails and forces Logout

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:59:14 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Charles Mason <charlie.mas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using OpenCMS in a site I am working on. The site is about
> ready for launch so I moved it from the development server to the
> production server. All appeared to go well but I have just noticed I
> can't upload Images any more. I can upload none image files fine.
> However as soon as I click upload, select the file to upload and click
> continue I get an error message. The standard failed to connect
> meeesage from firefox.
>
> As soon as I click another link in the Workplace it just takes me to
> the login dialog. I presume this means that whatever causes it to
> crash on the image upload invalidates my login session as well.
>
> I have looked in both the application and container log files and can
> find no errors or warnings. I presume because this was working before
> its probably some issue with the container / server config.

I have found a work around, if you rename the images to a none image
extension, e.g. test.jpg becomes test.tmp. You have to select that its
an image in the next upload screen rather than a binary file. Then if
you rename the image in the Workplace it works fine.

This seams really odd to me, what is it doing when it detect its an
image file extension before you select its image at the next upload
screen.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Charlie M