[opencms-dev] Adding elements: How? and a small problem

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon May 18 22:16:46 CEST 2009

Hello,

I would like to add 2 elements to a "page with free text", and then use the following code:

<c:set var="page" value="${cms:vfs(pageContext).readXml[cms:vfs(pageContext).context.uri]}" />
<c:if test="${page.hasValue['left']}">
custom divs for that element here
</c:if>

But how can I add elements (or at least make them available) to the page?
Preferably I would like to add them to all the pages in once, but I could not find out how...?

I added the <element name='...'> directly to the controlcode and now it seems I can not use the wysiwyg-editor anymore...
It opens the page but the content is not accessible, like grayed-out.
Any idea what I broke.. and how?

best regards,
Yves